Before entertaining the idea of betting on NFL games over Thanksgiving Thursday, be sure that all the essential elements are covered well in advance to avoid a late November turkey of an afternoon.
- Bring Your Smartphone – If you’re away from home on Thanksgiving Day, forgetting your iPhone could place a blockade on all NFL betting possibilities. You can rely on your spouse’s handheld device if you’re ok with going into the doghouse for the remainder of the weekend, but we advise playing it smart and keeping all mobile sports betting avenues open.
- Ensure The Presence Of A Television – Apple and Android web-ready devices are more than capable of streaming an NFL game on Thanksgiving Day, but being that Thanksgiving is a communal experience that involves a large dinner gathering, therefore it is best that the NFL games be displayed for all to see. Don’t be the dweeb staring into their iPhone at the dinner table.
- Ask If They Get FOX, CBS, & NBC – With so many cutting the cord to cable services these days and relying more on streaming services, broadcast television is often a casualty. Call ahead and ask if they still get network television stations, and if not, stop by any electronics store and pick up and HD antenna for $15 just in case.
- Solid Cellular Service In The Area – You may be venturing into a territory where grandma is still on 56k dialup and she’s so far out into the boonies that cell service is sparse. Unless you want to piggyback off of the free Wi-Fi at Starbucks at the nearest interstate exit to bet on the Detroit Lions game, make sure there’s at least 3G in the area.
- Early Thanksgiving Football Betting – Consider laying some action on Thanksgiving NFL odds early because, believe it or not, sometimes the holiday itself can be entertaining enough to pull viewers away from professional football. Cruise the online NFL sportsbooks a day or two before Thanksgiving Thursday and if you like what you see, place a bet.
- Fund Your Sportsbook Account In Advance – Go ahead and deposit funds into your online sports betting account so that wagers on Thanksgiving NFL odds can be made on the fly.
- Set A Thanksgiving NFL Betting Limit – Go into Thanksgiving with a betting budget already set, and be mindful to not exceed it trying to hedge an early loss in the day.
- Take Advantage Of Live NFL Odds – No matter how long the Thanksgiving football game has been in progress, live NFL odds are in play and accepting action. If you aren’t sure about the pregame NFL odds, or you just want to wait and see before placing a wager, live NFL betting on Thanksgiving is the perfect solution.
- Online Sportsbook Membership – If you haven’t joined up with an NFL betting site, do so immediately. Although the process can be completed quickly, you don’t want to tie up valuable NFL betting time on Thanksgiving Day.
- Don’t Forget The NFL Props – Proposition wagers also accept live bets until an outcome is rendered so enhance your holiday afternoon with a few for odds that can cash in at anytime during the game.